My Blog Button

Grab the code to put on your page here:

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

30 and loving it!

I turned 30 over the weekend! It was great. My daughter gave me the gift of SLEEP :) She didn't wake up until 7am, rather then her usual 5:30-6:30am. Then we brought her to our bed were we cuddled for an hour. It was so wonderful!

Keith made me waffles and turkey bacon and he gave me my present! a NOOK! woot! I am so not a gadgety person. I am usually so practical but not this time. I guess I figured, What the heck I'm turning 30 and I can't drink so I might as well splurge. :) Splurge I did!! Not only did I get the nook but DH got me the Nook color. It has wifi and all the cool stuff. I love it!

Then we dropped my daughter off at the IL's while we had a shopping date and went to a restaurant. The restaurant was suppose to be a good one but Keith and I decided it just not our style.
Maybe when the kids are bigger and we want to go out for a nice happy hour. It was a little snooty for me. People were...DRESSED UP! WTF. I never dress up. Actually, I hate dressing up LOL. The waiter was nice enough but I just didn't "feel" it ya know. I think my problem is that Keith and I were looking for romantic. It just wasn't "us". The appetizers were amazing! We had clam chowder and some sushi rolls. (shhhhh) For dinner we both ordered the salmon. I got the special and Keith got the one on the menu. I actually had to send mine back. :( I NEVER send things back. It was just gross! they had WAY to much spices on the salmon and the puree wasn't even pureed. It was like baby food :( If the look wasn't bad enough it just didn't taste good :(

Due to my pregnant status that just ruined my appetite. So I didn't order anything else. Dh enjoyed his although we both agreed it was a little too rich. So we wont be going back there for dinner. What can I say it was an experience. LOL.

I enjoyed every minute of it too. Well except when I wanted to throw up. LOL

Nanie was so excited to see us when we went to pick her up. It made my night. Normally she wants to stay with Grandma but that night she must have known it was mommy's b-day.

Anyway, who says 30 is a bad thing? Not me cuz so far, I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment