My Blog Button

Grab the code to put on your page here:

Monday, September 10, 2012

3 years ago today

3 years ago today Keith and I welcomed out first baby girl Nanie to the world. We were in awe of how beautiful she was. I just kept looking at her with her eyes closed resting on my chest. At that time I was hell bent on breast feeding and I was watching out for any sign that she was hungry. I was ready with that boob LOL. I loved her already and she was only hours old. I felt the need to do whats best for her at all costs even on that first day. What I remember most was being EXHAUSTED. :)

3 years from then and I'm still exhausted but I'm a lot more relaxed. Nanie was such a fussy baby. Well, really she was just hungry and I didn't know she wasn't getting enough milk from me and I didn't know until she was about 6 weeks old. Once we started supplementing it was a battle to find the right formula that wouldn't cause her gas pains. After we figured that out we found out she had an allergy to milk and needed soy. It was a whirl wind!

 It has always been a battle with her with food. She was so small then we constantly worried. Now, in Nanie's words, she is "Big and Tall" :) She is big and tall now...for a 3 year old. :) We don't worry about her much anymore. She communicates just fine and excels in the social department. It's so amazing. I feel like she is already grown.

I relish those nights I get to rock her to sleep. I know one day she wont want me to anymore. My big girl is amazing. I'm so proud of her and so proud to be her mom. She talks in full sentences now and says her pleases and thank yous. When she hurts someone she apologizes and she also randomly apologizes for not being a good girl LOL When you are sad she will give you a hug. She will find ANY mess around and ask "who made this mess?" LOL. She is amazing. She is Nanie.

She changed my life forever and I couldn't be more grateful. Happy birthday to my sweet Nanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment