My Blog Button

Grab the code to put on your page here:

Friday, October 22, 2010

I didn't realize


I know that My husband is an amazing man. I know it's unusual to find a husband who will cook, clean, do the laundry and watch the baby. I've always known I hit the jackpot with DH. It's just I never really realized the IMPACT it has on my life and my daughters life.

DH is putting laminate wood floors in my house. He did the hallway one Saturday and then during the week, he's been doing the stairs a few at a time. This mean he is busy during the week and I had to step it up with the chores and dinner.

This was not a problem for me. I don't mind doing the cooking and cleaning, as a matter of fact it was a nice change. The point of this post you ask?? I never realized how much DH doing the cooking and cleaning after work gives me the opportunity to spend quality time with my daughter.

While my husband is busy in the kitchen I am down on the floor playing games with Nanie. I let her climb on me, we play chase and or play with her toys. It's work. It takes a lot to fully engage in a 1 year old child after 8 hours of work. I guess she is my entire focus after work and I like it that way.

While attending to dinner this week, I realized that the glances and small words and even the short chase game we did was all done half heartily. I was worried about burning the chicken...about making sure everything is done on time... keeping her away from hot stuff and then cleaning up after myself. Yes, I payed attention to Nanie, Yes we played and I even sad her on my counter top (bad mom) so we could talk. I held her while I stirred the soup and when I got something out of the fridge. I really felt like I was engaging her. But deep down I knew I wasn't into it. I was just so busy.

This is when I realized how amazing my husband is. Not only does he do "womanly chores" but he makes it possible to be a great mom. He makes it possible for Nanie and I to have a quality relationship. THIS, more then anything makes me appreciate what I have. I've always know I have a great husband, I just never realized the impact having a great husband can have on your life and the life of your children.

So shout out to all of our husbands who are amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment