My Blog Button

Grab the code to put on your page here:

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It takes a village

My eldest sister is upset with our youngest sister for having a "photo shoot" with her daughter. It's not that there was a "photo shoot" or even that she curled her hair and put makeup on her. Her gripe is with the fact that my youngest sister was asking my niece to pose. These poses weren't smiles and giggles either. They were puckering of lips, sexy pouts and just a little to sexy poses for an 11 year old.

I'm not sure if she is over reacting or not. I mean NO, I would not want someone to ask Nanie to pose provocatively at age 11 but I don't know if I would go off the way my sister has. She has pretty much said that if our younger sister does anything else not to her liking with her daughter that she would no longer let them hang out.

I guess I just feel it's a little dramatic. Yes, she should be upset and yes, she should explain to her daughter about taking photos like this. It's not like they were boudoir pictures, they were more Myspace-est.

I guess I figured she would talk to our younger sister, ask her not to do it again and be done with it.

Would you be this upset?

4 comments:

  1. It does sound like she's overreacting a bit, but that's hard not to do when it's your momma-bear, protective emotions coming out, you know? So maybe unnecessary but definitely understood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe she'll be calmer after she cools down a bit? Naturally, it's hard for s to judge without seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to post them but I figured since she didn't like them that was a no, no.

    ReplyDelete