My Blog Button

Grab the code to put on your page here:

Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday at my Mom's

So it seems every Friday DH and I go to my Mom's house. We travel all of 12 minutes on Oceanside Blvd. up and over a hill to see my Parents. If you didn't know already, my one sister (I have 3) moved back in with my Parents, my youngest sister still lives there and my oldest sister lives over the hill from her . So basically every Friday we get together with my entire immediate family. I really enjoy this. It's a time of reminiscing, making fun of each other and watching our children play.

I'm just not as excited to go anymore.

I guess it's just not as relaxing as it use to be. Is that sad?? You know what I just realized. BEFORE my sister moved in I felt that my Mom's house was MY house. I was the one always there (we visit a lot) I was the one who talked to my mom daily, It was ME who she would not call because she knew I'd be there the next day anyway. But not anymore. Now that My sister is living with my Parents I feel like I'm the "guest".

I really need to make an effort to make myself at home again. It's no one's fault but my own as to why I feel this way. I guess I just had to get this out there. So on this Lovely Friday I'm gonna go to My mom's take off my shoes get in her wine cabinet and poor myself a water cup full of wine and enjoy myself at MY other house :)

Happy Friday.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment