My Blog Button

Grab the code to put on your page here:

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I failed the 30 day blog challange

But like everything in my life. If I fail, I just get right back on that horse. So here I go.

I have a good excuse for not blogging. I got my feeling hurt and I was to angry and sad to post. Let me explain.

You remember on Friday when I posted about going to my Mom's house. Anyway, We went. It was a great time. We left at about 7:15pm and went on with our bedtime routines.

On to Saturday morning. At about 9:15. We get into the van and I realize I left my cell phone in there. I checked for missed messages and see I missed a call from my Tia Grace.

Tia Grace: "hello mija, how are you? I was calling to see what time your mom wakes up because I don't want to wake her"
Me: being oblivious "she's great!! I'm sure she's up already but last night she was her normal self."
I hear a silence on the other end
Me: "hello?? are you there?
Tia Grace: "I'm here...I just wanted to check to see how she was after last night...you know after they called the ambulance for her.
Me: WHAT??
Silence
Tia Grace: Ummm, Yeah, Your Tia Liz called and told me they had to call the ambulance last night for your mom because she couldn't breath.
ME: pissed as all hell "I was unaware of that, Let me call my mom and see what's going on."

So I call my mom's house...no answer. So I call her cell..no answer (I'm getting a little worried here) So then I call my little sister's cell. She is asleep and i wake her up. When I asked her why she didn't call me to tell me they called the ambulance on my mom she says, WHAT. What are you talking about? (relief, floods over me) I explain my Tia Graces phone call. Then I ask her to get up out of bed and find my Mom. I want to talk to her.

So Melinda gets up out of bed and says "Mom isn't here" QUE PANIC! I tell her I'm gonna hang up with her and call my Dad's cell.

My Dad answers in a cheery voice. I cut straight to it.
Me: How come no one told me the ambulance was called on my mom?
Dad: Oh, well, you know your mom. She was embarrassed and didn't want anyone to know. She didn't even want me to call the ambulance.
Me: What happened?
Dad: Oh, we all just sitting there and you mom couldn't catch her breath. It was no big deal.
Me: No big deal you called 911 on my mom??
Dad: No, it's no big deal she fine today. She's even getting her toes done with your sister Monica.
Silence
Dad: You know we were talking about it last night saying we were glad you and Melinda were not there. You guys would have panicked. Que my feeling being hurt
Me: I'm really upset I had to find out from Tia Grace that 911 was called for my mom
Dad: Oh mija, It wasn't a big deal. You know what the next time your mom cuts her finger I'll call you. Que tears
Me: Pa, I am so hurt with you right now. I'm going to go.

As I'm crying because no one wants to tell me what really happened. I text my mom "I am so hurt" I can't stop the tears. I call my Tia Grace with what I found out. I call Melinda who is in tears. I guess while I was on the phone with my Tia Grace she called and reamed out my Dad.

So DH tells me to go get my Pedicure done. I go and try and relax. As I'm at the salon my phone rings. It's my sister Monica.
Monica: "are you ok"
Me: "no, but I don't wanna talk about it now. I'll call you later"

5 Min later, my phone rings again...it's my mom
Mom: Hi mija, are you ok??
Me: No mom I'm not. I'll talk to you later about it
Mom: ok bye

5 min later my phone rings again...it's Melinda
In tears
Melinda: shell are you ok??
Me: No, but i'm getting my toes done and I don't want to discuss it right now. I'll call you later.

I did not return a single call. I get home from my pedicure to find my Dad in my garage with my husband. He says he came over to apologize and knows he Effed up.

I get the whole story. Basically while my mom was doing dishes she turns around grabbing her chest. My Dad and sister Monica freak and go to her. My dad says to call 911, Monica picks up the phone (all the while not realizing the phone had been ringing and my Tia Liz was on the line) My Tia Liz hears panic and someone screaming "Mom, mom what's wrong with my mom?"

Anyway, My dad says my mom finally starts to talk very labored saying "NOOO, don't call 911, I"m fine." all the while clutching her chest. So they call 911, they come out. By the time they get there my mom is breathing fine. They check her vitals and all was well. Then they went on to discuss how nice it was I wasn't there. nice

I'm still hurt, I'm mad. But I'm trying to get over it. Everyone has apologized. I'm just hurt. I trying to not re-bring it up. But I did ask when her Dr. apt was. Sept 3rd.

So anyway, I couldn't post yesterday or I would have cried through the entire post. Therefore, you get the story today.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment