My Blog Button

Grab the code to put on your page here:

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

When do you stop working on yourself?

I feel like I am constantly working on myself. I'm not talking about physically, I'm talking about socially. I mean I know to an extent I am who I am but I also feel If who I am is hurting someone, why not try and work on it?

I feel like in my marriage I am constantly trying to work on making Keith happy. I don't want to sound like a door mat or anything because If you know me, you know I'm a strong women. I am referring to taking the trash liner out of the trash can rather then throwing one more thing on top. Or my husbands favorite, turning on the sound machine BEFORE I lye in bed :) On a more serious note, I'm really trying to work on NOT bringing up sensitive topics when he's had a rough day. I'm pretty bad at that.

I guess I am a people pleaser. Like take for example my sister. She is having some issues with her pregnancy and my moronic self is asking her a million questions that she doesn't know the answer to. I can see it in her face, the Michelle stop asking these questions because if I'm not worried so you should be worried or Why are you making me think of all these things that could be wrong and stressing me out. So in response...I just stopped asking questions.

I guess I'm wondering if I'm the only almost 30 year old still trying to work on themselves?? Should I just be as I am?? I dunno sometimes I feel like just saying eff it and be oblivious. So tell me Do you try and work on yourself??

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment