My Blog Button

Grab the code to put on your page here:

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Glad to have a baby Not SSTN

I was asked by a wonderful girl Jav about Nanie's sleeping habits. Well actually she posted a poll about it and I answered :) Anyway, I proudly proclaimed that my daughter went to bed at 7-7:30pm, we took a bath, brushed teeth, lotioned up, fed and put to bed. Then the question was asked. Does your little one get up for a night time feeding?

I thought it was funny that I stopped myself from answering this question at first. I think because my daughter is 11 months and STILL gets up for a bottle. Not once, but twice a night usually. My thought was, Holy crap they are gonna thing Nanie is a brat and I'm a total push over. But then I realized what great women I'm friends with and answered truthfully. All day I could not stop thinking about it.

The more I thought about it, the more I was happy that Nanie still got up for feeding. Let me explain. Those night time feeding are MY time with her. Where she is not pre-occupied with exploring or DH doesn't come and interrupt our bonding. It's just Me and Nanie. I pick her up get in my glider give her the bottle. Hold it with my chin while I rub her belly lightly. Then her legs, then her arms. All the while telling myself I'm warming her up. But really I just want her to know I'm there. I'm with her. I enjoy this time soo much.

The other night we went out to see crazy for you, a play at the our local amphitheater. We stayed out until 11:00 (One of Nanie's wake up times) I came home looking forward to feeding and rocking her to sleep. Nanie had other ideas. She slept until 4:30am and I got up excited to finally get to see my baby. It was then that I realized. My baby will not get up 2 times a night forever.

I'm not ready for her to SSTN. When Nanie finally decided to SSTN, it will be bitter sweet. It will come some day I know but for now I'm enjoying my time with her.


Please note: Nanie has more then one set of pajamas. This was taken the same day as the wordless Wed. post last week :)



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I miss those middle of the night cuddles. Cherish each of those moments because they are so very special.

    ReplyDelete