My Blog Button

Grab the code to put on your page here:

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Nanie's 1st Birthday

Nanie's 1st birthday party is next Saturday. I can't believe it. My baby girl is gonna be the big 1. I will no longer get the baby updates, I'll be getting toddler updates ::tear::

Of course we are marking this day by throwing a HUGE cookout at the park. Keith's family is pretty large and my family is HUGE. We are expecting 100 + people. How much is 100+ you ask?? I have no idea!! I did not ask for a RSVP. ::gasp:: I figured, most of my family does not RSVP anyway. No matter what, if I count the "regulars" who show up to everything and people who have been planning to be there since before I set the date, we have about 60+ people EASY. My family can eat all day long. There are a few of Keith's family that can do the same. So we are getting 200 hamburgers and hot dogs, chips, fresh fruit and having a HUGE tub of macaroni salad. Basically we are ready for the 100+ people and don't really want to worry about not having enough. I mean so what if I end up with 60 hamburgers left over. I'll just wait two weeks for the next family gathering and use them then LOL.

Decorations are going to be simple and purple. A very loose cupcake theme is in order. I will have center pieces. They are a $0.99 double sided 4x6 photo frame with pictures of Nanie throughout her 1 year of life. There will be two to three frames per table, a multitude of colored balloons and some colored ribbon banner thing that my mom makes. Cupcakes will be served as well as cake. Lemonaid, water and beer. Yup, we are THAT family.

Of course as with every party I am a little stressed but am trying to be relaxed. I mean I have a 1 year old, how do you expect me to plan. I'm actually being prepared for Nanie to be late to her own party (daddy will bet there all day) I'm just assuming she'll still be napping at the start of her party due to her recent nap schedule change. Aaand I'm just trying to prepare myself to "go with the flow" If I plan for the chaos I'll be ok with it.

Soooo, this is the least I've planned for any party. I'm just going with the flow. I just hope I'm able to keep this "going with the flow" attitude. So if any of you hear me stressing out, please remind me. This time, I am going with the flow.

This is just one of the 56+ pics that will be on the tables. I just love this one.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment