My Blog Button

Grab the code to put on your page here:

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The stressful part of the party

As promised in yesterday's post, here is the story.

DH left the house at 4am to reserve a spot at the park for Nanie's b-day so I was on my own all day. Nanie was super tired at 8am, which is early for her. She pretty much fought her nap until 9:30am. That was kind of stressful, but not bad. So I call my MIL to tell her to come over and stay with Nanie while I go decorate at the park. I call my Mom to meet me at the park to help me out. I call DH, to make sure he has the tables already, as I'm talking to him I hear my BIL yelling something in the background but think nothing of it. All is set and ready to go. I drive to the park.

I get there and I realize there is A LOT to do. No biggie, just buckle down and get it done right? The boys are there (My dad, My BIL, DH, and my Dad's BFF Frank) so maybe they can help. Right off the bat, I walk in and I see my BIL. He's yelling but I'm not sure what he's saying. So, I pay attention to him, and the words are, and I quote, "I'm FUUUUUCKED UP!" I just laugh because My BIL LOVES, to get me pissed off. So I ignore him and get going with what needs to be done. Then...I see my Dad. His little beaty eyes are almost closed and he's laughing so hard at my BIL while patting him on the back. Then My husband comes to me and says. "I got all the tables and set them where I thought they should go but if you want to move them let me know." Except is sounds more like "eeeye, set, all the tables out...(hickup) where I thought... they should go, but if you wanna mooovem lemeeeno.(think Jack Sparrow) Ok so maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but whatever. I turn to look at Frank and he has a grin from ear to ear and is swaying.

Click!

I guess in all my stress about setting up and making it back to my house to get dressed and then back to the park WITH my daughter, in time for the party, I've overlooked the fact that ALL FOUR OF THEM ARE DRUNK!!!

My BIL is GONE. I'm talking, I keep looking out for the cops to come and take him away for public drunkenness. My dad is close behind him but holding his own. My DH is slurring but is ok and same goes for Frank. I look at DH and tell him. "WATER!!!! I need your help today honey, I need you to sober up. " After they hear me, all of them try and sober up and help me with putting things together. I have no other help but my mom and my drunkard boys so I just go with it. Here is a list of things my drunkard spot reservers did.
* hang the "Happy 1st Birthday Nanie" sign with CAUTION TAPE
* tape the table cloths down by literally WRAPPING THE TAPE ALL THE WAY AROUND THE TABLE. Thank god it was clear (see picture in Yesterdays post)
*Fill the water jugs to high so we couldn't put the lid on.
*Make a mess of the food table because while they were waiting, they were making breakfast and drinking bloodymary's
*leave the water bottle full of clear tequilla out where someone could easily mistake if for water.

After setting up the decorations I get a phone call from my sister asking how her husband was. I say DRUNK! She laughs and asks if she needs to get him. I tell her Ummmm, maybe I dunno. I think He'll sober up. MY MISTAKE. I walk over to check on him and he is holding onto the the sun shade almost knocking it over because he can't stand. So I text my sister to come get him.

So My BIL leaves the party about a half our before the party starts. His only complaint was "aww man, I wanna go back to the party"

My Dad makes it through the first hour and a half before he tells my mom to take him home. My DH is a superstar and holds his own the whole all the while BBQing. Frank makes it to the end but his wife takes him home as soon as things start to wind down.

To be honest. It was soooo efffing funny. Yes, it was stressful. Yes, I knew there would be boodymary's in the AM. DH pre-made them and brought enough for about ONE per person but I was unaware that every one of the boys did the same thing AND Frank bringing the tequilla. As for the decorations, I figured they were helping so I didn't' complain. Not to mention it was super windy so it helped having the tape all the way around the table. I though I would be more pissed then I was but really, It was kind of funny. The guest were aware of the situation because of course everyone wanted to know where my Dad was. Everyone got a good laugh and the party turned out just fine.

My crazy family...what can i say but I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment